These terms and conditions govern your submission and participation in the Touareg Sabbatical campaign (“the Campaign”). Please read them carefully.
By accessing this website, submitting your application and participating in the Campaign, you accept the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please refrain from participating in the Campaign.
If it becomes necessary to do so, we may change the Terms and Conditions or any other part of the Campaign at any time without notice. By continuing to access the Site or otherwise participating in the Campaign, you agree to be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions.
We endeavour to ensure that the site and Campaign function error-free and without interruption, but cannot provide a guarantee in this regard. VWSA shall therefore not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the participating in the Campaign, howsoever arising. This includes, but is not limited, to that arising from technical malfunction of any communication network, any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupt application, consequences of participant error or other factors beyond our control.
The Campaign is only open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa who are 18 years or older and possess a valid driving licence. The Sabbatical initiative is not open to members, partners, directors, employees, agents or consultants of VWSA or its suppliers, service providers, contractors, dealers and members of their immediate or extended family.
Only individuals may enter the Campaign.
In no event shall VWSA or any of its employees, suppliers or service providers involved in the Campaign be liable for any loss or damage arising from accessing this site or participating in the Campaign.
VWSA does not guarantee the success of the idea you choose to pursue in relation to the Campaign. If you are the successful candidate, VWSA’s contribution will be limited to use of the vehicle and the amounts referred to in the overview above.
By participating in the Campaign, you:
- Confirm that you are able to be available for a continuous period of 3 calendar months between 1st March 2019 and 31st July 2019 to complete the Sabbatical. You are responsible for making any necessary arrangements in this regard.
- Consent to the use of your image on multiple platforms for the duration of the campaign period, including the Sabbatical if successful.
- Consent to the usage of all content filmed before, during and after the Sabbatical period.
- Agree that ownership of the rights to all images, footage, recordings and other material relating to the Campaign vests in VWSA, and that you shall not be entitled to any payment relating to such material.
- Agree to submit your own original idea on the Touareg Sabbatical Microsite (touaregsabbatical.co.za) – entries on any other platform will not be eligible for the Campaign.
- Agree to complete a video submission expanding on the original idea you submit.
- Agree, if required, to participate in an interview in person with a selection committee to evaluate your idea and its potential.
- Are permitted to submit multiple ideas, each of which will be evaluated on its merits. In this regard, submissions will be evaluated by a committee specified by VWSA.
- Consent to VWSA or one of its partners conducting a background check.
- Agree to take part in publicity campaigns which VWSA may specify.
- Consent to the publication of your name in relation to the Campaign.
If your idea is successful in progressing to the next selection level, a representative of VWSA will contact you to confirm next steps.
If your idea is not successful, we will inform by e-mail.
Applications close on 28 February 2019. No submission after 28 February 2019 will be considered.
The submission/recruitment phase will take place between December 2018 and February 2019. At any time VWSA will have the right to terminate or extend the recruitment period in its discretion.
Because of the nature of the campaign, we cannot confirm final details of locations and logistics in advance. Once an idea has been chosen any portion of the Campaign, including but not limited, to these Terms & conditions.
The evaluation committees’ decision shall be final.
If VWSA is required by any authority to alter any aspect of the Campaign or to terminate the Campaign, VWSA will have the right to do so without prior notice. VWSA and its service providers shall not be liable for such alteration or cancellation.
Personal information you provide will not, without your consent, be used by VWSA for any purpose other than facilitation of the campaign or compliance with applicable legislation.
VWSA reserves the right to disqualify a participant at any stage of the Campaign, even after commencement of the Sabbatical, if a participant breaches any of the campaign Terms and Conditions, or engages in any unlawful or dishonest conduct in relation to the Campaign. VWSA shall be entitled to recover any loss or damage from the responsible party.
For the duration of the campaign, the successful applicant will be provided with a Touareg with which they will be expected to use to complete the Sabbatical. Use of the vehicle will be subject to signature of a vehicle use agreement specified by VWSA.
VWSA will, in its sole discretion, provide accommodation during any agreed trips forming part of the Sabbatical.
VWSA will cover the cost of two fuel refills per month.
By submitting information and an idea, you:
- Confirm that the information is original, belongs to you, that no other party has any rights to it, or that you have obtained all required consents and permits to enable you to submit the idea as your own intellectual property.
- Warrant that the submission will not include content:
- which infringes upon the rights of any third party including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right;
- that is deceptive or fraudulent;
- which promotes conduct that is reckless, unlawful or places the health and safety of others in danger.
- Indemnify VWSA and its suppliers and service providers involved in the Campaign against loss or damage arising from breach of these Terms and Conditions.
We will not lay claim to the ideas submitted.
VWSA reserves the right to contact unsuccessful applicants in the future should the ideas be regarded by VWSA, in its sole discretion, as falling within any evolution of the “Touareg Sabbatical” campaign. With the consent of the respective applicants, ideas may be considered for future VWSA promotional activities.
Only submissions with ideas directly related to, and taking place in South Africa will be considered.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please e-mail the following information to the VWSA Marketing Department, whose details are reflected below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work which you advise has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located on the Site;
- Confirmation that you believe that use of the material is not authorised by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- Proof of your ownership or other title to the work in respect of which you allege that an infringement has occurred.
Except to the extent specified above, you will be responsible for funding the idea you choose for the Sabbatical where you require this. VWSA will provide assistance to promote the Campaign and fundraising activities in VWSA’s discretion.
Detailed records, including supporting documentation will be required by VWSA in relation to use of the amounts contributed by VWSA.
There may be tax implications regarding the amounts paid and use of the vehicle provided to the successful participant by VWSA. The successful participant shall be responsible for obtaining independent tax advice. VWSA shall not be responsible for any tax obligations arising from participation in the Sabbatical.